EMC is an innovation competition to find ground breaking ideas to solve the first & last mile mobility problems which exist at Urban cities in INDIA. The competition offers a unique opportunity for students at technical universities & colleges globally, to design & build personal & shared mobility products under various competition categories. Teams have the chance to win seed funding/cash prizes, working space, technical mentoring to build the product from POCs presented at EMC. EMC is hosted by Decibels Lab Pvt Ltd, in partnership with Government, Electric Vehicle manufacturers & mobility experts.
What we want to solve?
Isn’t this worrying! 2 out of the top 10 cities around the world with the worst traffic congestion are from India. 22 of the world’s 30 worst cities for air pollution are in India. We strongly believe, options such as shared mobility, public transportation (bus, metros, trams & suburban trains) can be the major solution to curb the traffic & air pollution.
But,the poor infrastructure in-country (Ex. Transit between home to metro station (First mile) and metro station to office (Last mile)) has led to the under-utilization of public transportation.Utilization of 2/4 wheelers for first & last mile need will demand huge parking space. (To allocate land for parking becomes very inefficient as real estate prices are hefty)
* Metro loses nearly 30% of ridership due to poor first & last-mile connectivity issues.
Competition categories for 2020
Why EMC is a best competition???
- You gain the right guidance to design & build
- You get industry mentorships to address your questions
- Every member gets 10 FREE certifications (To help build the vehicle & to make a career)
- You will build a reliable vehicle than just a vehicle
- Cost of participation is lower than 1500$ (compared to 10000$ for other competitions)
- You will solve a social problem & protect the environment (It’s not just racing)
- We support teams with seed funding upto 20 lakhs, infrastructure for work & technical support